How to Use Tex-Mex Blend in Your Cooking?
Tex-Mex blend is a typical spice mix used, especially in Tex-Mex dishes. Its authentic flavor will take your taste buds on a journey!
Ideas for using Tex-Mex blend in your cooking
Tex-Mex blend is mainly used in Tex-Mex cuisine specialties. It pairs perfectly with chili con carne, tacos, fajitas, and enchiladas. You can also use Tex-Mex blend as a perfect ally to add to ground meat, guacamole, sautéed vegetables, pizza, chicken, or shrimp. It will enhance the flavor of your dishes and bring a touch of character! On grilled meats or in a sauce, Tex-Mex blend will reveal all its aromas and powerful fragrance.
Here are some recipe ideas for using Tex-Mex blend:
- - Homemade guacamole with Tex-Mex blend: mash an avocado and add lemon juice and 1/2 tomato, then mix everything together. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of Tex-Mex blend as a substitute for our Terre Exotique guacamole blend, mix, and serve;
- - Chili con carne: during the cooking of the ground meat, add 2 teaspoons of Tex-Mex blend, mix, and simmer before adding the other ingredients;
- - Salsa sauce with Tex-Mex blend: at the end of the sauce's cooking, add 2 teaspoons of Tex-Mex blend, mix, and serve;
- - Chicken fajitas with Tex-Mex blend: at the end of cooking the chicken, add 2 to 3 teaspoons of Tex-Mex blend, mix, and let it simmer for 2 minutes;
- - Gaspacho with Tex-Mex blend: sprinkle 2 teaspoons over your gazpacho and serve chilled.
Tex-Mex Blend, a Spice Mix with Character
Tex-Mex blend is a highly aromatic spice mix that offers a savory and quite spicy taste, even slightly hot. This spice blend is sometimes referred to as "Mexican blend" because its flavors are reminiscent of the spices used in typical Mexican dishes.
What spices are in Tex-Mex blend?
Tex-Mex blend consists of paprika, cayenne pepper, coriander, garlic, cumin, oregano, and cloves. Paprika is native to Colombia and the southern United States, making it a key spice in Tex-Mex cuisine. Cayenne pepper is one of the hottest peppers in the world, providing a spicy and intense flavor to the Tex-Mex blend.
The Origins of Tex-Mex Blend
Tracing the History of Tex-Mex Blend
Tex-Mex blend is believed to be the ancestor of a spice mix used by Native Americans to preserve their game meats. This blend originated in the southern United States and is the result of the influence of two cultures, namely Texas and Mexico. Over time, the use of this spice blend spread throughout Mexico and the United States and transcended borders.
Focus on Tex-Mex Cuisine
The term "Tex-Mex" is believed to be an abbreviation of "Texas Mexican" and refers to the cuisine of the descendants of Mexicans born in Texas. Unlike Mexican cuisine, Tex-Mex cuisine adds cheese, certain spices, and a lot of beef to the recipes. Tex-Mex cuisine perfectly illustrates the culinary fusion of two cultures. It has even surpassed borders, as Tex-Mex cuisine is known and highly appreciated worldwide.
|Ingredients||paprika, Cayenne chilli pepper, coriander, garlic (SULPHITES), cumin,|
|Allergen||Sulfites / Sulphites|
|TRACES EVENTUELLES D'ALLERGÈNES||céleri, sésame, moutarde, fruits à coques.|