Where to use Kari-Brest
Explore the delicate flavours of Kari-Brest
There are plenty of ways to use Kari-Brest, cooking with it in a stew-type dish, or in hot oil when frying onions, before adding fish or vegetables. Or just before serving in mayonnaise, salads or sprinkled on meat.
How to get the best from your Kari-Brest
Our recipe ideas for Kari-Brest:
· Kari-Brest lobster: add 1 teaspoon to your sauce just before serving;
· Kari-Brest mussels: add 1 teaspoon to some tomato sauce before adding your mussels;
· Kari-Brest lobster tails: add 1 teaspoon to your melted butter before frying your lobster tails;
· Kari-Brest marinated chicken: sprinkle half a teaspoon in your marinade;
· Kari-Brest scallops: add a pinch of Kari-Brest to your melted butter before searing your scallops;
· Kari-Brest monkfish: sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Kari-Brest to the white wine and tomato sauce and then deglaze.
4 scallops per person;
25g salted butter;
1 pinch Kari-Brest.
Place your frying pan over a medium heat and melt the butter, add a pinch of Kari-Brest and once the frying pan is hot, add your scallops. Sear on each side for 1 minute, constantly spooning the melted butter over the scallops. Serve your scallops on a bed of leek fondue with white rice or fresh tagliatelle.
Our tip: Pierce the coral of the scallops with the tip of a sharp knife so that it doesn’t burst with the heat of the pan.
The perfect mix full of spicy yet delicate flavours
Its notes of clove, chilli pepper and turmeric make it a perfect companion for fish and seafood recipes, like lobster or scallops.
Kari-Brest, a mix of spices to gently enhance all your dishes
Inspired by the famous blend of spices used in Brittany, our Kari-Brest is a MUST HAVE for your seafood recipes. No chef of the Emerald coast would ever be without it!
A mix of spices full of flavour
Terre Exotique’s Kari-Brest is made from paprika, chilli pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, clove, ginger and black pepper. These hot and spicy flavours are delicious with all your fish dishes.
Where does Kari-Brest come from?
The pride of Breton chefs
Inspired by a famous blend of spices created by an apothecary in Lorient in Brittany, initially for health purposes, it is now widely used in Breton cuisine. This mix was made to recreate the flavours of Indian spices discovered at the time of the East India Company.
Terre Exotique has made its very own Kari-Brest recipe, to season and sublime your seafood cuisine.
|Native country||RECETTE EXCLUSIVE|
|Ingredients||paprika, chilli, cinnamon, turmeric, clove, ginger, black pepper|
|TRACES EVENTUELLES D'ALLERGÈNES||céleri, sésame, moutarde, fruits à coques.|