“Loomi” or dried black lime is widely used in the Middle East. The limes (small limes from the Citrus latifolia tree) are boiled in salted water for 5 minutes and then left to dry for several weeks. The skin and the inside go black, the limes become dry and brittle and the aromas develop and before more concentrated … The intense and powerful scents release fresh notes of lime and candied citrus fruits. These slightly heady aromas are even sweeter like clementines when the fruit is ground releasing notes of cold smoke and ferments.
The surprising mix of bitter, sweet and acidic tastes is similar to acidy sweets!
Snap it into pieces and add to your dishes. The fruit will become rehydrated in liquid.
You can also grind the lime using a pestle and mortar or electric grinder and use it to flavour patisseries and sauces. Use 1 lime for 2 people.
- Infused with other citrus fruits in a nage for poached fish.
- Ground in a pestle and mortar and mixed with cubeb pepper, to delight your meat dishes and stews.
- Ideal with soups.
- With pan-fried vegetables.
- With cod in white sauce or herb risotto.
- Sprinkled over ice-cream or yoghurt.
|Genus and botanical species||Citrus aurantifolia|
|Ingredients||dry black lemon|
|TRACES EVENTUELLES D'ALLERGÈNES||céleri, sésame, moutarde, fruits à coques.|