Cultivation of Corn by Trésors de Beauce at the Ferme des 3 Rois
Originating from the organic agriculture of Trésors de Beauce, the corn ears are sown in mid-May and are harvested in mid-October. Dried at very low temperatures in the dryer of Ferme des 3 Rois, the corn is then ready for use and can be enjoyed either salty or sweet, depending on individual tastes.
The Flavors of Trésors de Beauce Popcorn
The flavors of Trésors de Beauce popcorn vary depending on its preparation and the added ingredients. However, we find a combination of sweetness, saltiness, and slightly buttery grilled taste.
How to Use Trésors de Beauce Corn Kernels in Cooking?
Whether sweet or salty, Beauce popcorn is ready to be savored. In a pan, in the microwave, or with a machine, all tastes are allowed!
How to Cook Popcorn Corn Kernels?
- - In a pan: Heat 5cl of sunflower oil for 150g of corn kernels. Mix the kernels, then cover the pan, stir until all the kernels pop.
- - In a pot: Place the popcorn kernels in a bowl mixed with sunflower oil. Cover with cling film, make small holes, and place everything in the microwave at maximum power until all the kernels pop.
- - With a machine: Pour 150g of corn into the container, mix it with 5cl of sunflower oil, then close the lid until the kernels pop. When you count more than 3 seconds between each popcorn, remove them from the container.
Some Suggestions for Using These Popcorn Corn Kernels
- Caramelized Popcorn: In the pan used to cook the popcorn, add sugar and diced butter, heat over medium heat until the mixture becomes amber (caramel color). Pour the preparation over your popcorn and mix;
- Spicy Popcorn: After popping your popcorn kernels, prepare a spicy sauce in a pot by mixing 4 tablespoons of butter, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, cumin, and paprika, 4 teaspoons of salt and sugar. Heat until you get a spicy sauce, then pour and mix with your popcorn;
- Mars and Sea Salt Popcorn: Cut your two Mars bars into pieces and melt them with milk in a bain-marie. Pour the popcorn onto parchment paper, drizzle with Mars sauce, then bake for about 6 minutes. When taken out of the oven, sprinkle with sea salt and let cool before detaching each one to serve.
|maïs pop-corn 100% Robuste
|VN Energie pour 100 g (energy for 100g) : 1523 kJ / 364 kcal
VN Matière grasse (fat) : 5.85 g
Dont acide gras saturés (of which saturated fat) : 0.55 g
VN Glucides (carbohydrate) : 47.5 g
Dont sucres (of which sugars) : 6.5 g
VN Protéines (protein) : 15.60 g
Vn Sel (salt) : 0.08 g