Exploitation of the Trésors de Beauce Chickpea at the Ferme des 3 Rois
Trésors de Beauce offers natural products and respects biodiversity thanks to responsible fertilization management and irrigation, ensuring quality production from planting to packaging. At the heart of the Ferme des 3 Rois, the family-run operation, chickpeas are sown in early April and harvested in August. About 6 tons are harvested each year.
Flavors of the Trésors de Beauce Chickpea
When cooked, its aroma is similar to that of hazelnut and its texture becomes creamier. Chickpeas can take on the flavors of the herbs and spices with which they are prepared, making them an excellent base for many dishes.
How to use the Trésors de Beauce Chickpea in cooking?
Chickpeas can be used in various ways: mashed to make hummus, in salads, curries or soups, and even roasted as a crispy snack. They provide a rich source of protein and are delicious in many vegetarian and vegan dishes.
How to cook chickpeas
- - In water or pressure cooker: soak the chickpeas for 12 hours in 1.5L of cold water then rinse them. In a pot, incorporate the chickpeas in at least 3 times their volume of water and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 to 1.5 hours until they are tender.
- - Accelerated soaking : wash your chickpeas in cold water, then place them in a pot with at least 3 times their volume of water. Boil for 2 minutes and remove from heat for 1 hour. Proceed with the cooking step similar to water cooking.
- - Oven-roasted: after cooking, gently remove the skin from the chickpeas and pat them dry with a dry cloth without pressing. Mix the chickpeas with a little olive oil. Add spices (cumin, curry, paprika or others...). Spread the chickpeas on parchment paper and bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 200°C. Lightly salt as soon as they come out of the oven.
Some suggestions for using the Trésors de Beauce Chickpea
- - Chickpea Curry: start by cooking your rice. Slice red onions, then sauté them with garlic and add your spices such as curry, cumin, and ginger. Add tomato flesh, coconut milk, ¼ water, and your chickpeas. Simmer, then serve the rice with the curry. You can add coriander as a garnish;
- - Hummus: blend your chickpeas in a bowl with sesame paste, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until you get a smooth and homogeneous paste, then pour olive oil while continuing to blend. Refrigerate until serving;
- - Chickpea Cookies: blend your chickpeas with peanut butter, liquid vanilla extract, powdered sugar, baking powder, and salt. When the dough is smooth and homogeneous, add the chocolate chips. Form small balls and place on a baking sheet, slightly flattening the back with a spoon. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
|Ingredients||pois chiche 100% Twist|
|Nutritional Info||VN Energie pour 100 g (energy for 100g) : 582 kJ / 139 kcal
VN Matière grasse (fat) : 5.85 g
Dont acide gras saturés (of which saturated fat) : 0.55 g
VN Glucides (carbohydrate) : 47.5 g
Dont sucres (of which sugars) : 6.5 g
VN Protéines (protein) : 20.5 g
Vn Sel (salt) : 0.08 g