The Lingot White Bean, a product of the Ferme des 3 Rois
The Ferme des 3 Rois of Trésors de Beauce offers us natural products, thanks to their technical expertise and the use of advanced agricultural equipment. Their production respects biodiversity through meticulous fertilization management and responsible irrigation, reflecting a daily commitment to quality, from planting to packaging. Sown in the spring after the last frost, it requires regular irrigation. The plant produces small pods containing the beans. Once ripe, these white beans are harvested at the end of summer or early fall, then dried before being stored.
Flavors of the Lingot White Bean
The Lingot white bean stands out for its creamy texture and slightly mealy taste. Raw, its taste is relatively neutral, but once cooked, it blends and takes on the flavor of the accompanying ingredients and spices.
How to Use White Beans in Cooking?
Often used for cassoulet preparation, the white bean pairs perfectly in various soups and stews, as well as to accompany cold salads.
How to Cook the Lingot White Bean?
- - In water: soak the beans for 8 to 12 hours before cooking. Drain and rinse them. Place them in a pot and add 3 times their volume of water, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and cook for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- - In a pressure cooker: pour a tablespoon of vegetable oil at the bottom of the cooker, then add the pre-soaked beans with 10cl of water. Heat over low heat and cook for 50 minutes.
Some Suggestions for Using White Beans
- - Lingot White Beans with Tomato: once cooked, you can integrate your Lingot white beans with bacon, onion, carrots, celery, and leek and sauté everything in a pot with tomato pulp.
- - Lingot White Beans and Toulouse Sausages: you can pair your Toulouse sausages with a mix of your Lingot white beans with carrots and an onion simmered in broth.
- - Mixed Salad with Lingot White Beans: Mix hard-boiled eggs, sun-dried tomatoes, ham cubes, black olives, a shallot, an onion, a bouquet garni, mozzarella, green salad, your Lingot white beans, and a drizzle of vinaigrette for a fulfilling and successful composed salad.
|Ingredients||haricot blanc 100% linex|
|Nutritional Info||VN Energie pour 100 g (energy for 100g) : 280 kJ / 67 kcal
VN Matière grasse (fat) : 1.78 g
Dont acide gras saturés (of which saturated fat) : 0.22 g
VN Glucides (carbohydrate) : 43.9 g
Dont sucres (of which sugars) : 1.92 g
VN Protéines (protein) : 19.10 g
Vn Sel (salt) : 0.02 g