SRI LANKAN RED LENTIL CURRY
- Start by washing the red lentils in cold water two or three times.
- Pour the red lentils into a saucepan and cover with water.
- Add a chopped onion and two cloves of finely chopped garlic, four to five curry leaves, two teaspoons of Colombo mix and a pinch of île de Ré fleur de sel.
- For a spicier taste add some Cayenne pepper.
- Cook over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add a glass of coconut milk once the water has evaporated then leave to cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- You can add some Matale black pepper if the dish is not spicy enough.
We used the following products in this recipe: