Sea bream with Cubeb pepper
Try out this Royal sea bream with Terre Exotique’s Cubeb pepper recipe, suggested by Benoît Pasquier the chef of Le Saint-Honoré restaurant in Tours.
Cubeb pepper is a grand cru pepper from Indonesia. It releases subtle aromatic notes, a hint of bitter clove and is slightly spicy.
- Start by chopping up the cabbage.
- For the marinade: mix together the hazelnut oil and the crushed and roasted hazelnuts.
- Cut the filets of sea bream into little pieces and add to the marinade.
- In a pestle and mortar grind a few peppercorns of Cubeb pepper, add this mixture to the sea bream, and sprinkle with salt.
- For the presentation: use pastry cutter to make the shape, placing the chopped cabbage on the plate first then top with the tartar of sea bream.
Decoration tip: Add edible flowers like cosmos, borage starflower or carrot greens to decorate your dish.
For this recipe we used: