Chicken with Ma Khaen berry
Preparation time: 1H30
- Sticky rice
- Wash the rice several times in water.
- Cover the rice with salted water just 1cm above the level of the rice. Bring to the boil over a low heat stirring constantly.
- Once all the water has been absorbed by the rice, place in a steam cooker or a steaming basket, over a saucepan of boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Keep the bones and gizzards to one side.
- Season the chicken and fry for 15 minutes in some sesame oil, turning frequently.
- In a large saucepan ¾ full of salted water, boil the bones and gizzards over a medium heat for 20 minutes, in the last 5 minutes add the Ma Khaen berries ground with a pestle and mortar.
- Keep the gizzard stock to one side.
- Chéo Bong Chutney
- Wash and chop the garlic, ginger, lemon grass, and red onion. Fry in some oil until golden brown, put aside in a bowl with the cooking oil.
- In a pestle and mortar, grind the chilli pepper, then add the garlic, ginger, red onion and lemon grass.
- Add the brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of Nuoc mam cham sauce and 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar and the cooking oil.
Products needed for this dish: